Baileys Speedi Beet Flakes are quick soaking, low sugar beet pulp flakes, targeted at:
- Those requiring additional digestible fibre as part of a fully balanced diet
- Horses on a low starch diet needing low sugar, high fibre calories
- Good-doers who need to be kept chewing, while controlling calorie intake
- Suitable for equines prone to EGUS
Speedi-Beet is unmolassed sugar beet pulp cooked via a unique patented process to produce flakes which need a fraction of the soaking time of traditional sugar beet shreds or pellets. It is high in fibre, particularly soluble fibre which is readily digested and yields slow release energy, as well as being low in sugar and containing no starch.
With a Digestible Energy content similar to that of a conditioning feed, Speedi-Beet is a useful source of non-heating calories and can be fed as the sole additional calorie source, alongside forage, with Lo-Cal, Performance or Stud Balancer supplying those nutrients which are likely to be lacking in a forage/fibre-only diet. Being starch-free, Speedi-Beet is particularly useful for those horses whose starch intake requires minimising or controlling, like those prone to laminitis or tying-up.
- To provide a significant calorie contribution, up to 1.75kg of Speedi-Beet (dry weight) may be fed per day, alongside forage. When a mix or cube is also fed, Speedi-Beet may be given in a separate bucket to avoid meals of compound feeds becoming too large.
- When forage quality is poor or a horse is does not eat sufficient hay or haylage, Speedi-Beet or Fibre-Beet may be fed as an additional fibre source and mixed with other products from Baileys Fibre Range to provide a palatable partial forage alternative.
Digestible Energy 11.0 Mj/kg
***If ordering less than a full bag, your order will come in our own plain packaging***
***This product may contain traces of nuts – as our unit stores nut products***